The Bathurst Child and Family Network (BCFN) is a not-for-profit proactive cross-sector network of agencies in Bathurst to improve outcomes and opportunities for children and their families.
BCFN aims to improve outcomes and opportunities for children and promote the value of the early years, children, young people, families and carers within the wider community.
We believe that “it takes a village to raise a child” and we must all play a part.
The BCFN have been instrumental in developing and leading a range of activities, events, projects and initiatives to help make Bathurst a better place for children, families and the whole community because “a world that is good for children is good for everyone” (Valuing Children Initiative 2016).
BCFN activities, events, initiatives and projects include:
- Bathurst Family Fun Day, celebrating National Families Week
- Bathurst’s Big Banter “what’s wrong right for kids today?”
- Building child-safe, child-friendly communities initiative
- Kids Play
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic
- School Starters Picnic
- Professional networking events
- Meet and Greet Network Night
- BCFN Conference