The Bathurst Child and Family Network (BCFN) is a not-for-profit proactive cross-sector network of agencies in Bathurst that provide opportunities for children and their families to participate in a stronger more connected community so they can thrive and find the things they need so they can grow and learn.
BCFN aims to improve connections and opportunities for children and promote the value of the early years, children, young people, families and carers within the wider community.
We believe that “it takes a village to raise a child” and we must all play a part.
The BCFN have been instrumental in developing and leading a range of free activities, events, projects and initiatives to help make Bathurst a better place for children, families and the whole community because “a world that is good for children is good for everyone” (Valuing Children Initiative 2016).
BCFN activities, events, initiatives and projects are free and include:
- Bathurst Family Fun Day, celebrating National Families Week
- Kids Play
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic
- School Starters Picnic, celebrating children’s educational milestone
- School Starters Drawing Display, celebrating children starting big school
- Bathurst’s Big Banter “what’s wrong right for kids today?”
- Building child-safe, child-friendly communities initiative
- Professional networking events
- Meet and Greet Network Night
- BCFN Conference